Welcome to Music at The Wheatlands!!

We're so glad to see you!! This blog will post many different things this year including pictures of things we are doing in the classroom, kid projects for your listening and laughing pleasure, and a bunch of different updates through the year. The Grade Level Links on the top bar will take you to information about our curriculum and things that we will be focusing on in music throughout the year! There are also music games for the kids to play around with, videos for the kids to watch on various topics, and a kid safe music search engine! I hope you have a wonderful school year!! SRains@sd308.org

Sunday, April 13, 2014

3rd Grade Musical Success!!!

I wanted to post a shout-out to our 3rd graders and their parents today.  After about 2 months of practicing hard and singing our hearts out... our 3rd graders did an AWESOME job on Thursday night and Thursday afternoon during I Need a Vacation!  I have had several people approach me or e-mail me telling me how awesome they thought the show was, so WAY TO GO 3RD GRADE!!



I did this that evening, but I wanted to make sure that everyone heard it again that we couldn't put on such a show were it not for our Administration (Mr. Gerard and Mr. Griffin), our custodial staff (Mr. Larry, Mr. Jim, Mr. James, Mr. Val, and Miss Fanny), our 3rd grade teachers, and all of YOU!  Another thank you also goes out to the Kmetz family for helping with hanging things up and making props and a HUGE thank you goes to Carrie Nadziejko for helping me with EVERYTHING.  Our 3rd graders are awesome, so we hope you enjoyed their show!