Welcome to Music at The Wheatlands!!

We're so glad to see you!! This blog will post many different things this year including pictures of things we are doing in the classroom, kid projects for your listening and laughing pleasure, and a bunch of different updates through the year. The Grade Level Links on the top bar will take you to information about our curriculum and things that we will be focusing on in music throughout the year! There are also music games for the kids to play around with, videos for the kids to watch on various topics, and a kid safe music search engine! I hope you have a wonderful school year!! SRains@sd308.org

Saturday, August 16, 2014

FIRST POST OF THE 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR!!!!

Welcome Back Wolves!!

I am super excited for another year of music to start up at The Wheatlands!!  Can you tell??

I have a confession to make... Sunday night, I will be a mess... an absolute mess... I won't be able to sleep, I won't be able to think straight, and it's all because I'm SO EXCITED!!  I love starting out a new school year and love getting to meet new wolves!  Several of you, I met at sneak peek, and I look forward to having you in class.

That first week back is one of my favorites, getting to see old faces of kids that I've known since first grade, being back in my favorite place in the world, and getting to share my love of music with all these little crazies!  First grade may be my favorite this first week because it is siblings of families I've had for years and new students who haven't experienced the craziness of Miss Rains.  I love the smiles on all of their faces when I ask them what they did this summer and they get to tell me about trips to grandparents,  walking around Disney World, and my favorite... sleeping in.

Please check back as the year goes on for more information about what we are doing in music class and about the curriculum here at TW.  I am currently working on transferring all of the curriculum data from my site on the old Oswego page, so the goal is to have all the curriculum information on here for you before Curriculum Night in case you are curious about anything!  As always, please let me know if you have any questions, and please let me know if you want to come in and help in any way and you are musically inclined!

Get ready to LEAD THE PACK... because Excellence at TW... is habit!